The Product Pricing Analyst sits within the Marketing Department and reports to the Product Marketing Manager, (responsible for market research , insight and strategy across all lines of business.) However the nature of the role is cross functional and will work with Operations and Underwriting Depts as well as the wider Marketing and Sales teams. With a growing digital demand in the market, the Product Pricing Analyst will lead all pricing input from Underwriting into the various platforms for all Lines of Business, to ensure accurate data links are established and drive real change and competence in this area.
Objective of the role –
Responsibility for the accurate entry of all pricing files from Underwriting into the IT platforms and test that all links and accuracy for customer facing policies and premiums are working.
Setting up our customer facing products online to ensure the offer is clear, relevant and attractive to the target audience(s). As well as ensuring all links to the relevant supporting documentation are correct.
Undertake user acceptance testing (UAT) for all new and updated online products ensuring a smooth customer journey and no bugs or errors on the platform in advance of launching to market.
Undertaking timely market and competitor pricing comparisons across all products and distribution channels, ensuring we have a clear view of our pricing position v the market.
Proposing and making recommendations for how we can improve our pricing to be competitive in the market.
The ideal person will be Analytical, strong attention to detail, digitally savvy, technical, commercial, ideally degree educated and with good A level results and clear numerical competence. Experience of dealing with external clients and internal stakeholders.
A good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office tools.
Experience of handling data in various formats
• Excellent attention to detail & consistently achieving work of a high quality
• Excellent analytic skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Curious – with ability to question why we do what we do, with confidence to
Recommend changes based on fact and insight.
• Knowledge of Agile methodology
• Knowledge and experience of statistical analysis tool such as SAS, SPSS, SQL or web
analytics and optimisation tools
• Experience in sales working with different channels such as B2B and B2C, preferably
within the finance & insurance industry
• Knowledge and experience of marketing communication principles and best practices
• Knowledge of programs such as Jira and EQS pricing tool