·Manage the daily running of the call centre, including sourcing equipment, effective resource planning and applying call centre strategies.
·Monitor volumes and maintain forecasting models to ensure staffing levels are correct. Ensure shift patterns and numbers of employees required to meet demand are realised.
·Manage performance by motivating employees and monitoring adherence to their objectives.
·Coordinate recruitment and on-boarding of new employees as and when required.
·Review the performance of team managers and team members, identifying training needs and planning training sessions.
·Complete skill and knowledge needs assessments, performance reviews and cost/benefit analyses.
·Coach, motivate and retain employees. Monitor random calls to improve quality, minimise errors and track operative performance.
·Coordinate bonus, reward and incentive schemes. Set and meet targets around real time performance of the department, productivity, efficiency and quality.
·Ensure all relevant communications and data are updated and recorded.
·Communicate company vision, mission strategy and goals so every employee understands his or her role.
·Communicate key information and business initiatives by holding regular huddles, team meetings, and floor walking etc and checking understanding.
·Liaise and work closely with key stakeholders around the business to gather information and resolve issues.
·Positive advocate for change within the organisation actively supporting any project team with the implementation of new clients/products
·Ensure that all employees follow the company’s best practices and processes so that the quality and standard of service required is fully realised and consistently achieved.
·Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks.
·Develop presentations and talks to motivate and educate team members and to keep them up to date with client and industry trends.
·Embed a strong customer service ethos and drive a culture of ownership and continuous improvement within the team. Provide support and guidance when dealing with complex queries and attempt to seek resolution at first point of contact.
·Record and report as and when required internally and to clients the departmental statistics and performance levels.
·Handle the most complex customer complaints or enquiries.
·Produce daily, weekly and monthly MI for the team relating to work and volumes within the specified timeframes.
- Educated to A’ level standard or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience at Senior Supervisory or Manager level within a blue chip environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Proven experience of working to results driven deadlines
- Attention to detail and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrable understanding of the difference between good and outstanding customer service
- Proactive and challenging
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and set clear expectations
Able to lead and coordinate activities between multiple functions